Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Friday, April 01, 2005

    There is that buzz in the air

    Well, I have been teaching Unix for more years that I care to record. When Linux came along, I thought - wow, finally something fresh and exciting on the horizon! In the classroom, I continued commenting how Unix people will have to pull their socks up, or Linux will push them all out of the market.

    Now I'm being asked to do some work with Soalris 10, and my jaw is dropping.
    Fresh? Exciting? Well, it appears the most revolutionary Unix release since the epoch (1/1/70 ;-)). Need to play with it a lot more to have a more informed and qualified opinion, but for the first time in a decade Linux appears to have a competition!

    Intend to use this blog for recording all sorts of stuff, although I must admit, I need to learn how to drive it (in terms of making the best of the technology, but also in how to choose the expressive methods, so that I don't violate any copyrights, offent unintentionally, etc.). Those that know me will understand what I'm on about - my mouth processes are normally faster than those inside my brain...

    No comments:

    Blog Archive