Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Thursday, September 15, 2005

    DailyHintlets

    I found that doing a decent write-up on any particular thought or a 'discovery', etc takes time, and for that reason I often delay posting, to the point that the thought is gone, and opportunity for recording it missed.
    So, from now on, in addition to sometimes longer ellaborations, I will now have a snappy entry, called "DailyHintlet". They will usually be one-liner solutions, examples, thoughts, etc. Often they will be bits of information I've learned from the delegates!
    Despite the name, I don't really expect them to be posted daily, just liked the title ;-)

    DailyHintlet
    In GRUB configuration, the scope of the password directive changes, depending on where it is applied. If applied in the general definitions section, it controls ability to edit the configuration file. If applied within a stanza paragraph, it controls the access to (ability to boot) that kernel.
    (Ghanny from CompuCentre - thank you for correcting my lab solutions)

    No comments:

    Blog Archive