Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Thursday, September 01, 2005

    Memory stick Duo and HP 6120...

    ...do not work together!

    HP 6120 comes with a fancy digital card reader port. It takes every card. Apparently. What was not documented very well, is that the new format memory sticks, such as the Magic Gate ones, do not (and will not) work. Indeed, some of the sites on the web warn you against using them, as you can corrupt the card.

    So, I thought I'd get a PCMCIA card, with the memory stick adapter. Guess what! I have found a way of predicatably generating a blue screen of death on XP!

    And that's after being convinced by many that this is now in the past. It actually is blue, even if it doesn't last long, not even long enough for me to read the info (not that I would really want to).

    So, off to Jessops again, to get a USB external reader. More bits to carry.

    Lack of standards is getting at me.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    refinance

    Blog Archive